Beetroot (Beta vulgaris) says that it is able to fix most of what is rotten in the body. Originating from the shores of the Mediterranean was known more ancient peoples who have realized that it helps with many diseases. Today it is considered the most useful and most curative one vegetable crop that contains the widest range of vitamins and minerals, it is extremely rich in protein, fat, carbohydrates and, importantly, easy to digest.
Of minerals contains almost all – of calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, fluorine, manganese, copper, iodine, sulfur, lithium, strontium, broom… from vitamin mostly present as vitamin B1, B2, C, as well as an extremely line in plant foods vitamin B12. The red color comes from anthocyanins beet-root which affects the recovery of blood, while the plant as a whole acts anticancer.
In addition, has been confirmed and its healing in cases of demineralization of bones and teeth. The presence of iodine makes a valuable drug against atherosclerosis and aging. The basis of multiple medicinal properties of this plant makes buttoning and betaine ingredients that stimulate metabolism, regulate blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, keep blood vessels in good condition, stimulate liver function.
Beetroot is extremely useful in the treatment of anemia in children and young people, because it contains a high percentage of iron. It is beneficial and in the bowels and their motility (movement) because it contains cellulose and pectin in abundance. But to meet the daily needs of the precious fiber should eat five secondary heads beetroot.
How often beetroot found in your meals? If you do not remember the last time you ate these red-purple vegetables, means that we should elaborate on that because of its many benefits to your health. Since controlling blood sugar levels to increase your sexual stamina, this vegetable is a well-known natural remedy in fighting anemia. In addition to being used to naturally color the food can be consumed in the form of salads, juice or have. We give you a few reasons why you often turn beets in your diet.
- Lowers blood pressure – Beetroot is a good source of nitrates, which, when introduced into the body and converted into nitric oxide gas nitrite. Both compounds constitute the arteries expand and to lower blood pressure. 500 grams of beet-root dovešeće to the fact that your blood pressure is lowered within 6 hours.
- Reduces lower cholesterol and prevents the buildup of plaque on artery walls -Familiar that beet-root contains significant amounts of degradable fibers flavanoids ibetacijanina. Betacyanins is responsible for the color of beet-root, and is also a powerful antioxidant. He does not allow fats `lošeg` cholesterol to stick to artery walls. It protects the heart from potential heart attack and stroke and thereby reduces the need for medical drugs.
- It is good for pregnant women and unborn babies – Another awesome thing about organic beetroot is that it contains huge amounts of folic acid. Folic acid is essential for the proper formation of the spinal cord and can protect the baby from diseases such as spine bifida (a congenital defect that is manifested by an incomplete development of the spinal cord and generally looks as if the same root in divided in half). It will also give beets pregnant women more power to them then than necessary.
- Fight against osteoporosis – Beetroot is rich in flint (diatomaceous) earth, which your body needs in order to effectively use calcium. Since our bones and teeth built of calcium, a cup of beet-root juices a day to assist with conditions such as osteoporosis and brittle bone disease.
- Keep your diabetes under control – Diabetics may your sweet cravings restrain adding beet-root into your daily diet. How beet-root because of its composition is slowly released sugars into the blood, it does not disturb the blood sugar out of balance, and at the same time satisfy the cravings for sweets. This vegetable is low in calories and contains a small percentage of fat, which makes it perfect for diabetics.
- Pomes in anemia – Beet we mentioned in the article how to increase the level of iron in the blood, or how to fight anemia. Usually people think that, well, beet red, my blood will surely be better, it makes sense! “. While this may sound superficial, facts still show that bee-troot helps in this case. The fact is that beet contains a lot of iron, and the iron is responsible for bringing oxygen and nutrients to various parts of the body. So now we know – beetroot helps anemia due to iron, and not because of the color.
- Improves sexual health and stamina – Beetroot is also known as natural Viagra and since ancient times, according to some ancient customs and habits used to enhance sexual health. It dilates blood vessels and increases blood flow to the genital – exactly what drugs like Viagra promise. Another fact is that beet-root contains dosta hemijskog element boron, which is essential for the production of human sex hormone. So you consider whether to consume.
- Resolves state constipation (prison) – Due to the high content of degradable fibers, beet can serve as a good laxative. Clean colon and releases toxins stomach.
Important notice for cooking beetroot
If the peeled beets holding air, it collapses vitamin C that comes in contact with oxygen from the air
– When Cooking beets should use a suitable container to quantity beetroot, leaving less space that filled the air.
Yeah we get juicy and delicious beet, it should be cooked unpeeled, not cutting off the tops.
– To Prevent contact beetroot with oxygen from the air container in which the beets cook must be capped.
– Beetroot needs to cook in salted water, because it will spoil the taste.
– All Varieties beetroot has dark skin, and the root is a little flat.
If the long cooking and stewed, dark red beets becomes dark yellow. If the beets add vinegar, sour kvass, or citric acid, will be able to retain its original color.
Yes, beets in cooking do not lose color, can be in water or broth to add a little sugar, about 1/2 teaspoon per 2 liters of water.
– Beetroot is increasingly used in the form of juice or scraped, in fresh salads, either alone or in combination with carrot, apple and celery. When cooking, cook it Beetroot medium-sized cooked between an hour and an hour and a half, then was allowed to warm, drain and season to taste (oil, vinegar, salt and caraway, and sometimes sugar, honey or pepper). Cooked beets can also be nastrugati and mix with sour cream, as a tasty salad.